Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Which way is right...?

So there was this one time, at band camp...

Nah, just kidding!

Last week, our District (group of missionaries), was asked to usher at an InterFaith concert put on by the InterFaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington.  We, of course, jumped at the opportunity!

So we hopped on the Metro and got on our merry way.

When we got off, we were at a loss at where to go (we were all unfamiliar with this particular part of D.C.), but luckily, I had grabbed a map.  I whipped it out and started to look for the street we needed to go to,


"Excuse me, are you all lost?", a woman asked us.  Four men in suits with a map and slightly confused faces apparently stand out 'round these parts(this was a tender mercy for sure).

At first she tried to guide us with the map, then she decided the map was too troublesome and she pulled out her 'I' device(I, personally, dislike all apple devices).  With the Power of Technology, she told us exactly where we needed to go, how we needed to get there (she googled the address) and quickly left us before we could ask for a name.

Left to our own devices(a paper map), we began navigating to the road we thought was our destination.

We were almost there.  We were almost late.  We were relieved to see that street, then~

~TRAGEDY STRUCK!~ 

We realized that we had gone to the wrong part of the street!  Pulling out our map, we frantically tried to find the next part of the street.  Seeing now where we needed to go, we set out again, this time at a more forced pace.

In the end, we got there about a half an hour late with no real consequences.  Everything that needed to get done, got done and the night was a success!

Looking back though, I can see the parallel in my own life.


We were told exactly where we needed to go by that woman who helped us, but we were unfamiliar with the area, so we followed what we thought was the right route to the wrong place...

Likewise, I've had guidance from my Heavenly Father, Parents, Leaders, etc... and continued forward, thinking I'm going the right way but cut off from their direct presence(the internet in this case), I lost my way for a time, but with the guidance of the scriptures, prayer, personal revelation (or a map)... I always have returned back to the right way(also known as happiness).

I can testify that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants nothing more than for us to be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check us out on Facebook!  We have a page now!

No comments:

Post a Comment