Friday, November 22, 2013

When life gets dark and dreary...

Prayer is so important to me.  It is SUCH a blessing that all of God's children have been given.

I love the song "Did you think to Pray" in the LDS Hymnbook.


  1. Do you ever feel tired, overwhelmed or weary?
  2. Do you ever want the metaphorical night to be changed to day?
  3. Does your life ever get dark and dreary?
If you are like me and answered "yes" to any of these questions, well... then don't forget to pray.




Ere you left your room this morning, Did you think to pray?
In the name of Christ our Savior, did you sue for loving favor as a shield today?

When your heart was filled with anger, Did you think to pray?
Did you plead for grace, my brother, that you might forgive another who has crossed you way?

When sore trials came upon you, Did you think to pray?
When your soul was full of sorrow, Balm of Gilead did you borrow at the gates of day?

Chorus:
Oh how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day.
so when life gets dark and dreary,
Don't forget to pray.

These words mean so much to me.  I know I can turn to my Heavenly Father at ALL TIMES because he loves me more than I can comprehend.
One of my favorite Children's songs has these lyrics:

I kneel to pray, every day.  I speak to Heavenly Father.  He hears and answers me when I pray in faith.
I begin by saying "Dear Heavenly Father." I thank Him for blessings He sends.  Then humbly I ask Him for things that I need, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  

Your Father in Heaven loves you and wants you to succeed.  He has a plan for you and if you will humble yourself, trust Him and pray, He will lead you to happiness in this life and eternal life in the life to come.  

Matthew 7:7-8 says: Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.




1 comment:

  1. Prayer is so powerful. I believe the power of prayer and how He really does answer our prayers... no matter how small or big the prayers are. The thing is, is that He will answer in His time where He knows when we receive that answer will it would makes us the happiest or learn the most.

    ReplyDelete