Friday, November 29, 2013

Being Inspired; A constant Challenge




 Being inspired is something that has been a challenge for me since day #1.

As I've grown older, I've since found refuge in the place known as the night sky.  Though, now that I think about it, it's not even really the night sky(though that certainly helps as I've mentioned before).

It's the darkness.

When it is dark, it's unknown.  You can't see.  You don't really know what's going on.  All you really know is your immediate surroundings.

That's an ideal situation for me, it allows me to tune out everything else.  Starting from square one, I can build up a world, a universe, the possibilities are LIMITLESS.

The future is yet unwritten.

To me, that's a comforting thought, my future is not set in stone(at least my future during this life).  I can make choices to help others, to fumble around in the dark, to do what I want...

But do you know what helps me be inspired even more?

A prayer to my Heavenly father.

A silent plea for aid for just a little more help.

I know He will help me if I just ask.  He's done it before and he continues to do it even as I speak(write?), He loves me (as any parent does).  

President Monson had something to say about this subject, 
"Not a day has gone by that I have not communicated with my Father in Heaven through prayer. It is a relationship I cherish—one I would literally be lost without." -Reference-

I would be lost without my inspiration and my inspiration comes from God, it's really just one huge cycle!

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment