Friday, November 1, 2013

I love music!


Let me be the first to say THANK YOU for reading my very first ever blog post... EVER.  I am Matthew Hart, currently in Washington DC, and I also want to make a difference.  I love Aram Horowitz's idea to make a blog about what we love and want to share with everyone.

I love this life!  It is full of Music.

Because people are different, they will wear different clothes, eat different food, and listen do different music.  But when we find a certain AWESOME food, or find some AWESOME music we listen to, we want to share it with someone, so that they say, "Wow, that's AWESOME!"

Listening to certain music gives us certain feelings.  For example, epic music makes me feel like I'm on an adventure.  Sad music makes me feel sad for a time.  When I listen to sacred music, it brings the Spirit into my life like a river or rushing water, strong and steadfast.  It helps strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ and His Gospel so my faith can be strong and steadfast too. 

Making music in musical theater, in my high school choirs, with my family and with my friends is one of my favorite things to do, especially when we perform it so someone can listen and experience the music, especially (again) when that music brings the Spirit.  I love music.  I want to make it and have the Spirit it brings for the rest of my life.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has some amazing music and I invite you to check it out, and feel the Spirit that flows from the music.  This can be a healing balm from the cares of the world, troubles, worries and trials.  It can be a motivator to stay on the right path, or get back on it if we have stepped off.  Enjoy.

http://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/shop/albums?lang=eng

http://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/shop/products/called-to-serve-2008?lang=eng

Listen to these songs and tell me what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/elder.matthart

Go the Distance - Vocal Spectrum


The BFF Song - Bryant Oden
Deliver Us - The Prince of Egypt


Elder Horowitz's birthday is today!!! :)


I will probably send more of my favorite music later on.  Thanks for checking out the blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment