Friday, March 21, 2014

Just PICK one!


Have you ever had trouble making decisions?  I have trouble all the time.  I feel SO indecisive some days.

Decisions sometimes are really important like whether or not you get married, or who you get married to.

Sometimes the decision does not make a huge impact on your life.  Choosing to eat cheerios over cap'n crunch might be that decision. (Sorry if you are very opinionated about your cereal and I just offended you.)

In this life we have decisions to make.

I had to make a decision whether or not I will take time out of my day as a missionary, stopping work in the area I am in, to go see two of my friends from one of my past areas get baptized.  I counseled with my mission president.  He wants me to stay in my area.  I talked with one of the two friends who are getting baptized.  He wants me to go to his baptism.

Have YOU ever needed to be in TWO PLACES in ONE TIME?  The sad fact is I can only be in one place at a time.  I feel like this happens to me SO OFTEN.  I'm just glad I'm not making a life or death decision. 

I feel like these decisions are the hardest to make because most of these decisions really are just choices between doing something great or doing something better.  UGH! Hard choices.

We choose what we say... every day... What we say is really important.
We choose what we do.... every day....What we  do is really important.
We choose what we think every day... What we think is really important.

~All these things effect who we are and who we become~

2 Nephi 2:27 explains bigger choices.

27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.

Joseph Smith was a 14 year old boy who wanted to know how to be saved.  He had a decision to make. He was trying to decide which church to join.  The video is great at explaining what happened to him.  God answered Joseph's prayer.  I know he will answer yours.

Maybe it will help you know which church YOU should join.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Decisions. Love this entry!! Wise counsel, Elder Hart. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I add that some decisions are truly good either way, however, there are times we must have the courage to get on our knees and seek out what God's will is for us. It takes tremendous faith at times to ask, and wait for an answer, and even more trust in His plan for us to carry out His will, once we know the direction He wishes us to go.

    Thanks, Elder Hart, for all you do!
    ~Bonnie Hart

    ReplyDelete