Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Seasons Come and Go...

This past Wednesday was Transfer meeting...


     


The Missionaries that had completed their assigned time spoke in front of the rest of us, the new arrivals(fresh from the MTC!) were introduced with their trainers(I was in their place a bit over a year ago!), we all said our Goodbyes; tears were shed, good luck was wished and we went on our merry ways.

Thinking back to when I first arrived, I didn't know anybody; who was leaving, who arrived with me, it was just my MTC companion and me...

This time, I knew all eleven of the 'dying'(departing) missionaries, I respected them for who they are and had a personal relationship/friendship/acquaintanceship with each one of them.  I also knew most of the Senior Couples.

Some of the Fantastic Senior Couples that left!
A scripture came to mind at this point:
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:  A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted...  -Full Reference-
It's crazy what can happen in a year.

People change over time.  I've definitely changed as I have gotten older.  We keep on improving, knowing that there is purpose in our life, even if it's the purpose we give it.


As I mentioned before, there were several missionaries(Elders, Sisters, and Senior Couples) whom I respected immensely who went home that day.  They had finished their mission.  It was tough to see them go, but it was time for them to move on...

So here I am, ready to face the new day, knowing that in a year, I will be in their place...

Speaking of time,

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he(or she) does, whoever (s)he is.  -C.S. Lewis

This is not a picture of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment