Sunday, October 13, 2013

Soul Writing

I'm a soul writer.
You're a soul writer.

In some way shape or form, we all just want to write down the things in our hearts.  We want to share it with others.  we want others to understand why these things are important to us.

    That's why I'm making this blog.

I want to share what I believe.  I want you to understand why it's important to me.  You may not accept the things I write; That's okay.

    Like Nephi(A Prophet from The Book of Mormon) wrote,
    "And upon these I write the things of my soul...  For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them... Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart Pondereth continually upon the things I have seen and heard..."  -Full Reference-

These things mean a lot to me.  I want you to know that.

Hopefully, I don't become a 'Sole' writer, where my writing is simply thrown on the metaphorical ground to be walked upon, left in the dirt, where the only ones who truly appreciate this are the soles of the feet that walk upon it.  Nephi (the same guy) was worried about this too.  So he included a couple of verses in his record, which I will put in the context of this blog...

    "Nevertheless, I do not write anything [in this blog] save it be that I think it be sacred...  For the things which some men esteem to be of great worth, both to the body and soul, others set at naught and trample under their feet... I say, trample under their feet, but I would speak in other words-  They set [them] at naught, and hearken not..."   -Full Reference-

I know you can gain something from this blog.

It might be inspiration, you might be going through a hard time.  It might be knowledge, you might just be curious as to what goes on in my head, it might be uplifting, you may have an insight that helps you in your day to day life.

In the end, reading this will be what you make of it.  I invite you to, if nothing else, pay attention to the thoughts and feelings you have while reading.

That's all I ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment